Healthy recipe - Apple Rabdi for Diabetic diet
Apple Rabdi is a healthy diabetic friendly recipe. Apple Rabdi is a Dessert recipe and helps manage diabetes.Apple Rabdi can be prepared with 5 mins of preparation time and 15 mins of cooking time.
BENEFITS OF Apple Rabdi FOR DIABETICS
- Benefits of low fat milk - Low-fat dairy is associated with reduced risk of type 2 diabetes
- Benefits of grated apples with skin - Apples have very low on glycemic index, and thus helping keep blood sugar low. It is also low on calories and fat.
Time for preparing Apple Rabdi
Preparation time - 5 mins
Cooking time - 15 mins
Ingredients for preparing Apple Rabdi
- low fat milk
- 3 cup
- grated apples with skin
- 0.75 cup
- Cardamom Powder
- 0.25 tbsp
- nutmeg powder
- sugar substitute
- 1 tbsp
Steps to prepare Apple Rabdi
- Boil milk in a non stick pan for 10-12 mins while stirring ocassionally and scraping the sides.
- Now add the grated apple and simmer for 2- 3 mins. Keep stirring in between and scrape the sides of the pan
- Add the cardamom and nutmeg powder, mix well and keep aside to cool.
- Once the rabadi¸ has been cooled, add the sugar substitute, mix well and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Serve Chilled
GUIDELINES OF Apple Rabdi FOR DIABETICS
- It is recommeded to reduce overall sugar intake rather than use sugar substitute.